Greetings! Thousands of people climb Kilimanjaro every year, and in the process they get overloaded with information. Planning your trip should be fun, not stressful. Perhaps you are just beginning your research (then you are fortunate to have come across this website). Maybe you have already combed through a dozen websites. Or you might be very close to making a booking.
Regardless of where you are in the process, you will find the Best Kilimanjaro site useful. I make things easier for you by only highlighting the best of everything for climbing Kilimanjaro. As a former Kilimanjaro guide, I know lots about how to climb Kilimanjaro, the companies that operate on the mountain, and how to best prepare.
- Are you searching for an operator? I tell you who the best Kilimanjaro outfitters are, so you can make an informed decision.
- Are you having a tough time figuring out which route to use? I tell you what the best Kilimanjaro routes are.
- Are you wondering when to go? I tell you the best time to climb Kilimanjaro.
- Are you having doubts about your physical fitness? I tell you the best way to train for your Kilimanjaro climb.
- Do you have questions about your gear? I tell you the best boots, backpacks and sleeping bags.
- Are you worried about your flights and hotels? I tell you the best flights to take and which are the best hotels near Kilimanjaro.
- Do you want more information about climbing Kilimanjaro? I tell you the best websites, best movies and best books on Mount Kilimanjaro.
Please take your time and check out the Best Kilimanjaro site.
Who am I?
I am a former Kilimanjaro guide who worked on the mountain for several years with top operators. I have lived and worked in Tanzania as a foreigner. In my time span there I accumulated a lot of good info about climbing Kilimanjaro and have put it all together in a easy to reference website. My hope is that people will find the site useful as an objective, legitimate source.
Note that I don’t sell anything nor do I still work on the mountain. I’m just passing along advice I think people would like to know as they prepare for a Kilimanjaro adventure. However, I do receive a tiny percentage of sales from any purchases on Amazon. My hope is that it pays for the site maintenance.
Thanks so much,